“Robert has paved everything from parking lots to major highways in his career. He has an extensive operational knowledge of numerous types of equipment, especially Wirtgen Group. He will be an extremely valuable resource for our paving customers,” said Vern Gunderson, Vice President of Road Construction and Minerals.
The hiring of Perkins continues Kirby-Smith’s efforts to grow its team of product specialists to better support customers operating in all forms of road construction and mineral/material processing. The division’s team of specialists includes:
- Jim Powell – Milling, Recycling, & Concrete Product Specialist
- Scott Prior – Crushing & Screening Product Specialist
- Carlos Vega – Product Service Manager, Crushing & Screening
- Robert Perkins – Paving & Compaction Product Specialist
- Gary Corley – Key Account Specialist
Each product specialist has a distinctive area of focus related to industry application. Specialists will assist with demonstrations and start-ups, machine inspections, and training on the correct applications for equipment.
“Having a team of product specialists with a hyper-focus on their area of expertise is essential to better supporting our sales team and partnering with our customers to ensure they get the best experience possible out of their machines,” Gunderson said.