Texas Contractor

Dedicated to the people who make our built environment better and safer. We tell your stories and celebrate your successes.

Register with us and receive industry news and content only available to subscribers.


Indianapolis, IN, USA (HQ)

903 E. Ohio St., Indianapolis, IN 46202

Call: (317) 423-2325


Ritchie Bros. Fort Worth Registers 64 Percent More Bidders in 2020

FORT WORTH, TX — Ritchie Bros. held its final auction of the year at one of its largest auction sites in Fort Worth, Texas. The Fort Worth team sold over $69 million of equipment in just two days. The auction was conducted 100 percent online due to COVID-19. Ritchie Bros. sold over $348 million of equipment in Fort Worth this year.

"Online demand continues to be strong, resulting in record bidder registrations and solid pricing across most equipment categories," said Kari Taylor, President, North America Sales, Ritchie Bros. "We would like to thank the thousands of buyers and sellers who have participated in Fort Worth auctions in 2020. A lot has changed, but thanks to our investments in technology, we continue to deliver certainty in uncertain times. Just this year we registered more than 54,000 bidders for our Fort Worth auctions, which is up 64 percent year over year."

The final Fort Worth auction attracted more than 11,700 bidders, which is up 40 percent from the same auction last year. In total, the Fort Worth site attracted over 54,000 bidders over five auctions in 2020, up 63 percent from 2019. Approximately 39 percent of the equipment sold in Fort Worth was purchased by Texas buyers, while out-of-state and international buyers from as far away as Australia, Egypt, and the United Kingdom purchased the remaining 61 percent.

"Our Texas markets are major sources of equipment and trucks across North America and the globe," said Doug Olive, Senior Vice President, Pricing. "Fort Worth sells an unbelievable amount of trucks auction after auction. This year, we sold close to 2,700 truck tractors for $71 million in Fort Worth."

With the auction 100 percent online, traffic to Ritchie Bros. websites also increased. The Fort Worth webpage saw over 650,000 unique pageviews, with over 66,000 watchlist adds, and over 23,000 PriorityBids.
Your local Astec dealer
Closner Equipment Co Inc
Gradall Co
Your local Gradall Industries dealer
ASCO Equipment
Kirby Smith Machinery
Hitachi CE
Your local Hitachi dealer
ASCO Equipment
Bane Machinery