Focusing on efficiency and skill, MDOT’s Roadeos provide employees with an opportunity to display their mastery of vehicle handling, trailer maneuvering, and heavy equipment precision. The event and judging criteria provide feedback and let operators evaluate their strengths and challenges. Operators improve techniques and learn new skills while engaging in some friendly competition.
Contestants in the state competition won earlier Roadeos held in each of the six MDOT districts. Winners from the State Roadeo will move on to the regional competition.
State Roadeo events and state champions in each event are as follows:
- Lowboy: First Place – Trevor Graham; Second Place – Floyd Cameron; Third Place – Joshua Hankins
- Single-Axle Dump Truck: First Place – Joseph Jordan; Second Place – Jacob Glissen; Third Place – Coly Smith
- Tandem-Axle Dump Truck: First Place – Stevie Allen; Second Place – Billy Coward; Third Place – Michael Pannell
- Backhoe: First Place – Thomas R. Goode; Second Place – Jake Burge; Third Place – Craig Young
- Motor Grader: First Place – Simpson Wofford; Second Place – Adam Martin; Third Place – Tommy Rogers
- Bushhog: First Place – Wayne Perkins; Second Place – Nathan Perkins; Third Place – Bobby “Wayne” Johnson
- Overall State Roadeo Champions – District 5, Newton