"Every year, AGC of California celebrates the construction industry's innovators who are leading the way in building our state," said Dina Kimble, 2022-2023 AGC of California State Board President. Kimble, President and Chief Executive Officer of Royal Electric Company, was elected to serve her second term as President of AGC of California's State Board. "This year, we recognize a diverse group of people and projects that represent how many facets of California life construction affects."
AGC of California's Constructor Awards program recognizes members' achievements for their skill, unique undertakings, and ability to address the most difficult challenges contractors encounter during project development. Only one Constructor sculpture is awarded in each category during AGC of California's "Oscar Night."
AGC of California's Achievement Awards honor individuals for outstanding contributions to the construction industry. The Construction Education Friend Award recognizes individuals who make outstanding contributions to construction education efforts and the development of the future construction workforce.
"This year's award recipients represent the diverse ways that people and the projects they build contribute to our communities," said Peter Tateishi, Chief Executive Officer of AGC of California. "Each of our winners reflects the ingenuity and originality that the construction industry needs to build a brighter future for the state of California."
- Specialty Under $10 Million: Caliagua Inc., AMC, Site Work & Rail Systems Project
- Specialty $10 Million & Over: Royal Electric Company, SFO Runway 10L-28R
- Heavy Civil $15 Million & Under: Granite Construction Company, Highway 101 Multi-Use Path Overcrossing at Adobe Creek
- Heavy Civil $15 Million to $100 Million: Flatiron Construction, State Route 710 Freeway Widening & Rehabilitation
- Heavy Civil $100 Million & Over: Skanska, Regional Connector Transit Project
- Builder $15 Million to $75 Million: Otto Construction, Stanislaus State Vasché Library Renovation
- Builder $75 Million to $200 Million: Hensel Phelps, LAX Airport Police Facility
- Builder $200 Million & Over: Turner Construction Company, New Natural Resources Headquarters
- Excellence in Partnering: Granite Construction Company, State Route 99 Cosumnes Bridge Replacement Project
- Harry Eckstein Safety Professional of the Year Award: Tod Decker, Blois Construction Inc.
- S.I.R. Achievement Award (Skill, Integrity, & Responsibility): Jose Mejia, California State Council of Laborers (Retired)
- Construction Education Friend Award: Emiliano Sanchez, Oakland Unified School District
- Associate Achievement Award: Dr. Giovanna Brasfield, Brasfield & Associates
- Specialty Contractor Achievement Award: Nataline Lomedico, Giroux Glass Inc.
- Contractor Achievement Award: Dan McGrew, Griffith Company (Retired)