Superior is collaborating with United Consulting and Butler, Fairman & Seufert to construct the new interchange. To complete the project, the contractor will build a bridge on 146th Street over Allisonville Road and add ramps allowing drivers traveling either direction to exit 146th onto a roundabout. They will also install a new storm sewer system, full-depth hot mix asphalt pavement, and ornamental street lighting. The contract will also entail widening the White River Bridge to the west to match the flow of traffic leading to the primary interchange.
The project is estimated to require:
- 4,370 cubic yards of concrete
- 4,650 square yards of bridge deck overlay
- 3,205 linear feet of precast girders
- 4,510 linear feet of piling
- 26,845 square feet of MSE Wall
- 729,500 pounds of concrete reinforcement
- 10,726 linear feet of new storm sewer
- 300 new drainage structures
- 6,640 square yards of asphalt
- 97,150 cubic yards of fill to complete the earthwork phase
Superior recently completed the westbound precast girder erection for the widening of the 146th Street Bridge over the White River. The team utilized an overnight full shutdown of 146th Street to successfully set the girders. Construction is expected to be complete by June 2025.