To reach these targets, BNBuilders will:
- Measure and report greenhouse gas emissions
- Implement decarbonization strategies in line with the Paris Agreement through real business changes and innovations
- Track waste generation and diversion
- Advocate for alternative methods of construction
- Advocate for deconstruction, salvage, and material reuse
“The urgency to address climate change is all too real for those of us on the West Coast who are increasingly experiencing the effects of mega wildfires and poor air quality days,” said President Brad Bastian. “Sustainability has always been one of our core values, but we are committed more than ever now to bold action."
BNBuilders achieved carbon neutrality for corporate operations for the first time in 2020 by purchasing verified carbon offsets for emissions generated by its offices and vehicle fleet. In Q1 of 2021, BNBuilders established a metering program to sample the carbon footprint of its construction operations and establish a baseline for greenhouse gas emissions and waste generation/diversion. The company has set interim goals of a 50 percent reduction in carbon emissions and a 30 percent reduction in waste generation by 2030.