Project entries were evaluated on the basis of: satisfaction of owners objectives, development of innovative solutions, maximizing project value, effective use of reinforced concrete, and overall aesthetics. Five submittals received an HONORS Award while three received a Merit Certificate.
For 50 years, CRSI has recognized design and construction achievement by owners, architects, engineers, and construction managers across North America. Now, the CRSI HONORS Design and Construction Awards program raised the proverbial bar on its 25th anniversary. This year’s entries represented a range of project types from all regions of the United States. Each of the selected projects demonstrates excellence and highlights thoughtfully considered solutions brought to fruition through the efficient use and leveraging of steel reinforced concrete’s inherencies.
The following projects were selected for recognition (submitting organization is in parenthesis):
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Hollywood, Florida (DeSimone Consulting Engineers) - HONORS Award
- W Hotel, Bellevue, Washington (Cary Kopczynski & Company) - Merit Certificate
- Wolf Point East Tower, Chicago, Illinois (Commercial Metals Company) - Merit Certificate
- University of Louisville - Belknap Academic Building, Louisville, Kentucky (RAI Engineering) - HONORS Award
- Chou Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, California (Tipping Structural Engineers) - Merit Certificate
- Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, Omaha, Nebraska (HDR, Inc.) - HONORS Award
- New Brunswick Performing Arts Center, New Brunswick, New Jersey (DeSimone Consulting Engineers) - HONORS Award
- Consolidated Rental Car Facility (Kahului Airport), Kahului, Hawaii (BASE) - HONORS Award