State transportation improvements reviewed/approved at the state transportation board meeting include:
- Construct roadway, stormwater, and hydraulic improvements and install roadway landscape and aesthetics along the I-11 corridor in Las Vegas at Horizon Drive, College Drive, and Wagonwheel Drive interchanges.
- Widen Charleston Boulevard, construct ramp improvements at Charleston Boulevard and Eastern Avenue interchanges, as well as construct auxiliary lanes on I-515 between Charleston Boulevard and Eastern Avenue.
- Update select advance signal warning systems on Pyramid and Mt. Rose highways in the Reno area to promote traffic uniformity and safer driver behavior.
- Install traffic signal on Pyramid Highway and Egyptian Drive/Sunset Springs Lane north of Reno, to provide dedicated, safer turns to and from the highway, including dedicated turn lanes and drainage improvements.
- Upgrade and repave NDOT’s Ely highway maintenance yard, including new access gates, drainage, and truck wash improvements for enhanced highway maintenance operations.
Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) contracts are thoroughly reviewed against NDOT engineering estimates and include disadvantaged business enterprise participation goals. Construction start dates vary for each project.