The Grand Project Award was presented to Wessler Engineering and owner Indianapolis Airport Authority for the Stormwater and Deicing Capacity Projects. Primary objectives of the project were to provide conveyance, storage, and management of stormwater and deicing runoff from existing and planned development areas and relocate the existing 43 MG facility from the north side to the south side of I-70. The project needed to allow for stormwater to be discharged in accordance with IND’s NPDES permit to the appropriate location, a stream when clean and a sanitary sewer system when de-icing.
Technologies were applied in new and innovative scenarios to discharge stormwater to the desired location and meet the objectives to coincide with IND’s expansion.
Distinguished Honor Award recipients included:
- Butler, Fairman & Seufert, Inc. and the City of Crown Point for Bulldog Park
- CHA Consulting, Inc. and Evansville Water and Sewer Utility for Cass Adams CSO Relief Sewer
- Butler, Fairman & Seufert, Inc. and United Consulting with the Indianapolis Department of Public Works for Central Avenue Bridge over Fall Creek - Indianapolis, Indiana
- United Consulting and Milestone Contractors, L.P. with the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) for I-69 Major Moves 2020 Expansion Project
- American Structurepoint, Inc. and the City of Noblesville Utilities Department for Noblesville WWTP Phosphorus Removal and Aeration Improvements
- Engineering Resources, Inc. and the Board of Park Commissioners, City of Fort Wayne for Riverfront Fort Wayne, Promenade Park
- Clark Dietz, Inc. and First Group Engineering with the INDOT Greenfield District for US 27 and US 40 Pavement Replacement in Richmond
ACEC Indiana President Rick Olson, Earth Exploration a division of Terracon, presented the awards with hosts Dave Dugan and Pat Long, Indiana Chapter - ACPA. ACEC thanks sponsor Professional Design Insurance Management, represented by Ken McComb and Terry Lee.