Editor’s Note: Events below were still planned at time of publication. Please check with the organizer to confirm.
SMPS Indiana – Electric Works Tour
- September 13, 1:45 – 3:30 p.m.
- Electric Works (bus from Indy available), 1690 Broadway Building 19, Fort Wayne
- For more than eight decades, this campus produced electric motors and electrical transformers as well as employed a third of Fort Wayne’s workforce. After sitting vacant for more than five years, the 39 acres, 18 historic buildings, and more than 1.2 million square feet were ready to generate new experiences and ideas. Tour several parts of the campus including the Forum, Carr Conference Center and Coworking space, the rooftop, GE Club, Do It Best, and the Marketplace to discover more on the transformation and restoration of this campus.
AIA Indiana – AIA Indiana | AIA Kentucky Convention
- September 14 – 15
- Scottish Rite Cathedral, 650 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis
IFMA Indianapolis – Tour of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Headquarters
- September 19, 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- RLL Racing, 10771 Creek Way, Zionsville
- Join IFMA Indianapolis to see and hear firsthand about what it takes to operate a 125,000-square-foot facility for a world-class racing team. Attendees will get an inside look at the impressive RLL headquarters with an exclusive tour, and will get to see all the unique parts of the building – including their state-of-the-art technology, and where the cars are built, tested, and sent out for action.
ACEC Indiana – Gird Modernization: The Path Forward Featuring MISO Energy
- September 19, 1:30 – 5 p.m.
- Skyline Club Indianapolis, One America Square, 36 Floor, Indianapolis
- MISO (Midcontinent Independent System Operator) acts as the “air traffic control” of the electric grid, satisfying “supply and demand” of the built environment. As electric vehicles become more prevalent, the grid needs to support the increased demand for EV charging stations and accommodate the energy requirements of an electrified transportation system. Join ACEC Indiana to hear forecasts of the transmission system of the future to support the changes in Indiana’s needs over the next 20 years.
Indiana Subcontractors Association – ISA Clay Shoot
- September 21, 9 a.m.
- Indiana Gun Club, 14926 East 113th Street, Fortville
- There are many ways to participate in the event – form a team of five, come as an individual, or get your company involved by participating as a sponsor. Either way, you are bound to enjoy a day of networking and perfecting your aim. This event will benefit the ACE Mentor Program and CFA Foundation.
AGC of Indiana – 2023 Clay Shoot Outing
- September 22, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Deer Creek Lodge, 8999 State Route 132, East Seebree, Kentucky
- Join AGC of Indiana at Deer Creek Lodge for its annual Clay Shoot Outing, Members and non-members are welcome. There are only 30 spots available.
SPMS Indiana – Euchre Tournament + Cocktails and Connections Networking Event
- September 26, 4 – 6 p.m.
- Duke’s Indy Honky Tonk, 2352 S West Street, Indianapolis
- Join fellow AEC industry professionals in a friendly progressive Euchre tournament during Cocktails and Connections. Each player will play for themselves and will have a different partner in each game. Prizes will be awarded.
Indiana Construction Roundtable – 2023 Annual Conference
- September 28, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Newfields, 4000 Michigan Road, Indianapolis
- This year’s event will feature keynote speaker Brian Richardson Jr., Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for the Indianapolis Colts. Richardson will present “Embracing Self-Awareness and Extending Grace: Leading with Empathy in the Face of Mistakes.” The second annual IDEAL Awards will be presented during the luncheon portion of the conference. There will be an opportunity for attendees to learn more about how to utilize Indiana Construction Roundtable's IDEAL Program during a breakout session before the afternoon roundtable discussions, where attendees will have the opportunity to share best practices and potential solutions to challenges facing the AEC industry. This format allows for timely conversations and opportunities to build relationships.
IFMA Indianapolis – 2023 Golf Outing
- October 5, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The Country Club of Indianapolis, 2801 Country Club Road, Indianapolis
- The IFMA Indy 2023 Golf Outing will feature hole sponsor tents with a “Party in the U.S.A.” theme. Last year’s event sold out, so you won’t want to wait to register your foursome this year. IFMA will have gorgeous golf and festive food, beverages, and games all tee-ed up for its guests.
AIA Indianapolis – 2023 Golf Outing (Rescheduled)
- October 9
- Brookshire Golf Club, 12120 Brookshire Parkway, Carmel
BOMA Indianapolis – Industry Luncheon
- October 26, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Marriott Indianapolis North, 3645 River Crossing Parkway, Indianapolis
- According to a major study conducted by Gallup, a significant 60 percent of employees experience emotional detachment at work and 19 percent are downright miserable. The study also revealed that workers in the Unites States and Canada are among the most anxious and stressed out in the world. CJ McClanahan will be leading a discussion with a panel of unreformed overachievers, and he will provide practical strategies to help overcome the chaos and prioritize a healthier lifestyle without sacrificing career goals. You’re invited to attend one of the largest industry luncheons of the year, hosted by BOMA, CCIM, CREA, IndyCREW, IFMA, IREM, NAIOP, and ULI. The first 300 registrants will receive a copy of McClanahan’s book, “The Overachiever’s Dilemma.”