Since mid-March all Ritchie Bros. auctions are now online-only events, to help keep employees and customers safe from COVID-19. Approximately 91 percent of the equipment in the Fort Worth auction was sold to U.S. buyers, including 41 percent purchased by buyers from Texas, while the remaining 9 percent sold to international buyers from as far away as Romania, China, and Australia.
"Our 2020 summer Fort Worth auction saw a 42 percent increase in the number of lots and a 108 percent increase in bidders over the same auction in 2019," said Neal Black, Regional Sales Manager at Ritchie Bros. "As a result, we continue to see strong demand for quality used equipment across almost all categories."
- Three 2014 Caterpillar D8T dozers sold for a combined $665,000
- Three 2018 Caterpillar 336FL hydraulic excavators sold for a combined $545,000
- Two 2015 Volvo A40G 6x6 articulated dump trucks sold for a combined $322,500
- A 2015 Peterbilt 367 T/A with National 1300A 30-ton boom truck sold for $205,000
- A 2013 Grove RT890E 90-ton 4x4 with rear steer rough terrain crane sold for $205,000
- Total gross transactional value - over $58 million sold online
- Total registered bidders - over 10,800
- Total lots sold - over 4,400
- Number of consignors - 600