The Pavilion at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania won the Grand Conceptor Award. It is an inpatient facility and a new institutional and architectural icon for Penn Medicine on its academic medical campus in West Philadelphia. Designed by PennFIRST, an integrated project delivery team, and adjacent to some of the world’s most advanced research laboratories and specialized treatment facilities, the building enables collaboration and research centered on patient care.
The PennFIRST team is a group of global design and construction experts and includes HDR, Foster + Partners, BR+A, L.F. Driscoll, and Balfour Beatty in partnership with Penn Medicine’s clinical and facilities experts.
New York projects receiving Engineering Excellence Awards include:
- Fairview Park Multi-Purpose Field and Landscape Construction - Silver Award
- Lew Fidler Park Construction - Silver Award
- CRO 518 Wetland and Stream Restoration at the former Armonk Bowling Alley - Gold Award
- I-95 The Last Mile - Platinum Award
- Installation of ADA Elevators at 57th Street Station - Gold Award