“Rosendin is proud of all our apprentices, and we appreciate industry partners like NAWIC that do so much to educate the public about the construction industry and support those pursuing a career in this innovative field,” said Brandon Stephens, Operations Manager. “Our apprenticeship program is growing in popularity because it provides quality on-the-job training to teach individuals how to work safely and become a highly skilled craft worker.”
In Austin, Rosendin partners with the IBEW Local 520 and the Austin Electrical Training Alliance (AETA), which provides classroom instruction, job opportunities, and mentoring to prepare them for a career as a licensed electrical worker. Together, Rosendin, IBEW, and AETA provide career opportunities with room for growth that includes a good paycheck, health insurance, and retirement benefits so apprentices may provide for their families without taking on heavy student debt.
Rosendin’s Austin area apprentices earning scholarships include:
- Chris Forsyth - Marcell Ellison Memorial Scholarship ($2,000)
- Christopher Loafman - Fatima Velazquez Memorial Scholarship & Marcell Ellison Memorial Scholarship ($2,500)
- Carson Offield - NAWIC Austin Trade Program Scholarship ($1,500)
- Anthony Fowler - NAWIC Austin Trade Program Scholarship ($1,250)
- Anthony Vlcan - NAWIC Austin Trade Program Scholarship ($1,250)
- Jose Rivas - NAWIC Austin Trade Program Scholarship ($1,250)
- Michael Rico - NAWIC Austin Trade Program Scholarship ($1,250)
- Nathan Hardcastle - NAWIC Austin Trade Program Scholarship ($1,250)
Rosendin Electric, Inc. is an employee-owned electrical contractor. With revenues surpassing $2 billion, Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. Rosendin is a knowledge-based firm that specializes in complex institutional, industrial, commercial, and mission critical projects with electrical demands including electrical engineering, electrical construction, electrical service, instrument and control systems, and system engineering.